SSHS Welfare Team
The welfare team consists of Year Advisors, Senior Executives, Head Teachers and School Counsellors. They run whole school welfare programs, like peer support, Year 7 transition programs and anti-bullying workshops. They also support students on an individual basis.
We work to provide a safe and caring learning environment for your child.
The Head Teacher Welfare's Role
- the Head Teacher Welfare Mr B. Benischke oversees all of the student support programs and welfare referrals for individual students in the school
- students or parents/caregivers can contact the Head Teacher Welfare to discuss issues of concern
The Year Advisors' Role
a Year Advisor is a member of the Welfare Team who has special responsibility for a particular year
- your Year Advisor will give you advice if you have any issues that are worrying you
The Year Advisors for 2017
- Year 7 Advisor - Mr J. Spencer (Science and PD/H/PE)
- Year 8 Advisor - Ms J. Graham (PD/H/PE and Learning Support)
- Year 9 Advisor - Mr M. Wagg (PD/H/PE)
- Year 10 Advisor - Mr G. Davidson (HSIE)
- Year 11 Advisor - Ms J. Lawrence (TAS)
- Year 12 Advisor - Ms J. Wilson (PD/H/PE)
Supervisor of Girls
Ms J. Corlija is the Supervisor of Girls at SSHS. Her role is to council and advise girls regarding any issues what-so-ever. She is also available for parents/caregivers who may wish to discuss personal issues concerning their daughter.